Date: August 3rd-5th, 2007
Theme: No. I don't play nice!
Location: Des Moines, IA
Length: 3 Days of training
Cost for Training: $180
Hotel: Heartlands Inn - link: http://www.heartlandinns.com/loc_DesMoinesAirport.php
Room Rate: $67.50 per room, per night, plus tax for a traditional room with one king size bed or two queen size beds.
- 10 Rooms set aside (8 Doubles, 2 Singles)
- Group name: Keluarga (ask for Keluarga Rate when you book a room to get the special rate. Also, please let Jay know if you book a room so if we need more we can add some AND you must book them at least 2 weeks before the event to get the special rate. You can't wait until the last minute.)
- Complimentary Breakfast Daily 4:30-10am (hot and cold items)
- Wireless Internet
- Pillowtop Mattresses in Every Room
- Indoor Swimming Pool and Fitness Center
- Complimentary Evening Snacks
- 24 Hour Airport Shuttle Service
- Midwest Connect,
- US Airways
- Recommended by Jay - Enterprise (at the airport)
Plan on tuning up your pencak silat. We will work on:
- PSP fundamentals
- applications - bela diri,
- understanding and doing pencak silat movement,
- connectivity of fundamentals to create techniques,
- training methods,
- weapons work,
- Explosive Entries,
- Level Testing,
- various adhoc discussions on strategy, psp, philosophy, spirituality, pencak silat, leadership, teaching, and growth.
- bonfire at Jay's
It's going to be a great three days of training to introduce people to PSP and help those who are midway and nearing the end of the general curriculum. As always, it's a great time to test. Don't wait for Keluarga, but if you can push a little to test in person is a great opportunity.
We will probably work play harder this year than in past years.
Equipment to bring:
- MMA style training gloves,
- Full face headgear,
- kicking shields,
- focus mitts,
- training and "sharps" (pisau - knives),
- Looped sarong
Pay for the event by sending payment to email@example.com via paypal to reserve your spot. We are looking to have around 20 people this year so get in before it's full.
If you have questions about ammenities, training location, car rentals, or event resources, contact Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Event particulars, equipment, and questions related around partiicipation in the event should be sent to Guru Stark at email@example.com .